ART F261X — Introductory Video Instructions: Due Sunday, AUgust 30 (11:59pm)
Please make a short (less than 2 minutes) video introducing yourself to the class. There is a list of tools at the bottom of this page that should help make this an easy assignment.
Include visual and audio material. This can include photographs of yourself or things that are important to you as well as an audio narrative. You do NOT need to show your face in this video if you do not feel comfortable.
In your video please provide the following information:
- Tell us your name and, if you have a nickname or alias, let us know what you like to go by.
- Tell us what your major is, or what areas of study you are interested in pursuing.
- If you feel comfortable, tell us a little about where you are from and any hobbies that you enjoy.
- Tell us what you hope you get out of this class and how you hope it will help you in the future.
Once you have created your video, post it in the Slack channel #introductory-videos.
Then respond to at least two of your classmates. See if there are others who have the same interests as you or who have posted something that you find interesting. Let’s all talk a little as we get started!
Some tools to help you make your video:
Smart phone (basic video)
Presentation software like Powerpoint and Google Slides have voice over options
Screencasts (records whatever is on your computer screen and audio). This is a popular option for students!
- Kaltura Screen Capture (https://media.uaf.edu/kalturacapture/launch/create)
- Screencastify (https://www.screencastify.com/)
- Screencast-O-matic (https://screencast-o-matic.com/)