ART F261X – Final Project Instructions
*final projects Due sunday, December 6 (11:59pm)
*final project reflection papers due Wednesday, December 9 (11:59PM)
To complete this project please do the following things:
1. Choose a work from the prehistoric era to the 14th century (the time period we are covering in class). This can be something that has been discussed in the course material or something that you find on your own.
2. Change the medium of the work. For example if the original piece is carved out of stone you can recreate it using paint, printmaking, metal, wood, photography, etc. If the original piece is a painting please recreate it through drawing, printmaking, metal, wood, photography, etc. (If you want to use a different painting technique, please run it by me first). Keep in mind that this is a opportunity to be creative — I once had a student recreate a painting in Sculpey.
3. Change the design of the object by at least 20%. This is in keeping with current (and extremely vague) copyright laws and will also require you to think creatively about the project and not just copy it outright. For example, you could choose to change the content, reinterpret the message, or reproduce just part of an image.
4. Write a 1-2 page analysis of the project and your experience working on it. This can include a discussion of what worked and what didn’t, a self-reflection on the creative process, an explanation of the changes you made and why you chose to make them, or any number of other topics that reference the work that you did. This paper is worth half of your grade for the project so please take it seriously. Please email completed Reflection Papers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Post your finished work on the Slack channel called #final-projects. You should post a video, slide presentation, or other visual material along with a short explanation of the project.