HELLO EVERYONE AND WELCOME TO WEEK 15 OF ART F261X.
DEADLINE FOR DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: SUNDAY, December 5 AT 11:59PM.
Deadline to Post Final Project to Slack: Sunday, December 5, 11:59PM.
Deadline to submit the Final Project Reflection Paper through Canvas: Wednesday, December 8.
Deadline to comment on two of your fellow students’ final projects: Wednesday, December 8.
*FYI: Final day for late assignment submission: Wednesday, December 8.
- Go through the material in the Gothic Art wing.
- Respond to the following forums:
Slack channel #week15part1
- Stained Glass: Abbot Suger established the tradition of opening up church walls with stained glass windows at the Abbey Church of Saint Denis. This led to increasingly lofty, light-filled churches throughout the rest of the Gothic period. Discuss the significance of this trend and the effect that it was meant to have on those attending services.
Slack channel #week15part2
- Public vs. Private Devotion: While churches became more and more ornate and impersonal those who had the means invested in private devotional objects and spaces. How do we see these dual impulses coexisting during the Gothic period?
3. Follow the instructions on the Final Project page. Post your finished work on the Slack channel called #final-project. Post a video, slide presentation, or other visual material along with a short explanation of the project. This is due Sunday, December 5.
4. Submit your reflection paper and visual document through Canvas. This is due Wednesday, December 8.
5. Comment on at at least two of your fellow student’s projects on Slack. Please keep comments constructive. This is due Wednesday, December 8.